We have made things easy for you to be able to import your old WordPress blog, including posts, media items and comments to Mikz. Here is how to do it:
- Get your export file ready. On your old blog, login to the dashboard and click on Tools>Export. Choose "All content" and hit "download export file" blue button
- Save your export file and then go to your new Mikz site dashboard. Your next step will be to import the contents.
- In Mikz site dashboard go to Tools>Import and click on "Run importer under "Wordress"
- On the next screen browse to your saved *.xml export file that you made in Step 1 above.
- After selecting the export file, press the blue "Upload file and import" button.
- On the next screen, put a check on "Download and import attachments" option (this is important!) and click on "Submit" button.
- You will be brought to the "Import running" screen. Now just sit back and relax while WordPress imports you content.
- Depending on the size of your old blog the process may take a few hours. You can leave that import page and/or Mikz site and come back to check on the status any time. Simply login back to your new blog's dashboard, go to Tools>Import and if you still see the message that "Import is running", you just need to wait some more.
- If you don't see the "Import running" message and just see the Importer selection options, this means your import is complete. You can go and check on your imported content.